Sunday, April 11, 2010

Imperfect Birds by Anne Lamott

by Christin Coy on 4/11/2010 8:42:52 PM
Comment on this





Last Fall I was contacted by a publisher in New York asking if they could use my image "Lucas Valley Glow" on the cover of a new book due to be released in the spring of 2010. I was then told that the book, Imperfect Birds, was written by the well established Marin County author Anne Lamott. I was truly delighted since she lives only 15 minutes from my studio where I created the painting. This is the first time that one of my paintings has been used as cover art for a book, and how appropriate thatImperfect Birds takes place in the same county where I live and work.
One day recently I was out hiking on a local trail and I recognized Anne up ahead hiking with a friend. I walked up and introduced myself (we had not yet met). I told her how happy I was that she and the publisher had selected my painting and how much I was looking forward to reading her new novel. Anne said that she would send me a copy. The following week I received two copies in the mail, one with a great inscription that said this was her favorite cover of all the books she has published. It was very exciting to finally be holding a copy of the book and seeing my painting on the cover.
Anne Lamott will be at two local author events this month: Mill Valley Depot Book Store on April 12th at 7pm and at Book Passage in Corte Madera on April 18th at 7pm .

No comments:

Post a Comment